Monday, July 4, 2011

His Life in the Wilderness

Tucked away in a screened-in porch in the woods,
all day long it was as if Jesus took this seat across from me:

And I encountered life in Him in the wilderness.
His refreshing came...
through the summer leaves.
His glory shone...
in the cascading sunlight.
His whisper echoed...
in the rustling wind.
His hope was declared... 
through the pockets of blue sky.
His joy resounded...
in the bird songs.


Thank you for spending the day with me, my Dearest Friend!

 

July 2-4, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Tears sprang to my eyes as I read this. I long for a refreshing time in His presence--a day with Him! With my little ones, time set a part and spent a lone in His presence is rare... but oh how much sweeter it is when that time comes! Thank you for encouraging me and reminding me of the aroma of Christ! So glad you had a wonderful set apart day with our Bridegroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, Claire! May you know and be refreshed by His presence with you in the moments of your days with your sweet girls. I am so inspired by Brother Lawrence's "Practicing the Presence" where he talks about communion with God even while doing the dishes... that's how friendship is - there in every kind of moment, right? Maybe when the girls are a little bit older Brian will let you sneak away for a quiet day or two you're craving... :)

    ReplyDelete