Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hearing His Heartbeat

Tonight there was a resounding "YES!" within me as I reread these words written in 2002 by my dear friend and mentor, Nita Steiner.  I remember feeling a great big "amen" in my heart nine years ago when I first read this... and with every passing year since, I'm more and more certain it's true:
"No matter what the primary focus of God's call and destiny is for their lives, each one must learn to hear His heartbeat and move with Him, and this kind of partnership is only possible through a lifestyle of intimacy with Him.

The missions movement that is emerging today will be fueled by the love and affection of One Who endured the cross for the joy of having a Bride to rule and reign by His side forever. And that which will empower the Bride to endure the suffering necessary to gather in the final harvest from all nations will be her desire for the heavenly Bridegroom. May the grace and power of the Holy Spirit take us into the heart of God and back out to the nations with His fiery love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment